We are working in 12 Arab countries with 9 national networks (with an extended membership of 250 CSOs from different backgrounds) and 23 NGO members.
Dear partners and supporters,
We would like to bring to your attention the escalating attack by the Israeli government and Israeli NGO’s on Palestinian civil society organizations, International NGO's and UN agencies using non-violent means to expose and challenge Israel’s violations of the fundamental rights of the Palestinians and to promote accountability and protection of human rights.
Please find attached a brief letter and an in depth position paper prepared by the Palestinian Non-Governmental Organizations Network (PNGO) and the Palestinian Human Rights Council (PHROC).
1. Condemn and reject the Israeli campaign against Palestinian human rights defenders, consisting of delegitimization, intimidation, De-funding efforts and anti-democratic legislation, in line with the EU guidelines on freedom of expression.
2. Protect and provide political support to human rights defenders working on Palestine, in line with the EU guidelines on human rights defenders.
3. Preserve and provide sufficient funding to Palestinian human rights organizations and ensure equal, impartial and transparent access to funding.
4. Respect and defend our right to freedom of expression, which is one of the basic freedoms any free society should safeguard and guarantee and one of Europe’s core values.
5. Affirm and support the right of Palestinians and conscientious citizens worldwide to “participate in peaceful activities against violations of human rights and fundamental freedoms”, as confirmed by UN General Assembly resolution 53/144.
6. Refrain from conditioning any funding on the relinquishment by Palestinians of their right to resist foreign domination, exploitation, oppression and occupation by the means permitted under international law